We will be meeting at Mrs. Laughrey’s house to load gear on Saturday, May 26th at 9:00 am. We will return on Sunday by 11:30 am. The cost is $22 for caving plus $10 for meals. Please get the $32 to me by Thursday evening. If you are using your Crew funds, please tell me by e-mail so we will purchase enough food. You may want to bring additional money for Kavern Putt (mini-golf) and the gift shop.
There are two permission forms below. BOTH of them are required.
Proper preparation involves SIX things. (very important)
- Participants must be wearing shoes with good tread and good ankle support (hiking boots are recommended).
- Participants should wear long pants and a long sleeved shirt.
- Participants must bring their own lights. Two sources of lights which will each last two hours are required. Keychain lights are not acceptable sources of light.
- Knapsacks will be searched. Picnic food, spray cans, weapons, and the like are prohibited.
- Hard hats are required and Laurel Caverns will supply hard hats at no extra charge, for anyone not having his or her own hard hat.
- This is a real caving trip involving some crawling. Bring a change of clothing! You may want to throw away the clothes you wear into the cave.
Don’t miss this event, it’s going to be FUN!
BOTH of these permission forms are required.